Choke

I woke up alone. Searched the house but nobody’s home. I ate. Went to shower. I grabbed my computer and sat on my bed. Then I started to feel something weird. Like someone was watching me. Little did I know, something was creeping out from under my bed. 

Then it grabbed me from behind me. I can’t see his face or he has no face. He’s all black, like a shadow. He threw me into the bed. He then started to choke me. I’m losing my breath but I can’t die without a fight. 

So I grabbed him to his neck and I mustered all my strength. I kicked his stomach and we rolled over. Now I was sitting on top of him. I, quickly, grabbed the scissors right on top of my night table. I stabbed it relentlessly. His blood was spewing out all over me. Then it stopped moving. It was dead. It looked broken and it was bleeding like a shattered beast. 

I walked up to the mirror nearby and I looked deeply into my reflection. The splatter of blood still dripping. From my face to my chest to my stomach. It was all over me. I was breathless. I pulled up into a mysterious half-smile. “Oops! I made a mess” 


Had I ever seen a liquid of this kind before! A goo, green and ugly, almost covering me from head to toe. At first I had thought the liquid to be blood, the naturaly secretion of biodegradable life.

I glanced suspiciously over a shoulder at the beast I had just slain.
WHEERE DID IT GO? 

The floor was puddled with the same slimey green, but the black beast had poofed from the scene like a solem whisper on a noisy shore.

I pulled myself toward the bed. I had had the temporary victory, by stabbing the beast with the scissors, but now I stood in my dark room feeling like an exposed lamb, prepared to be sughtered by something behind its intellect.

My Hand reached out for the chord to the overhead lamp. I was just centimeters from the metal string, then like electromagnetism between two magnets, my fingers inched closer and closer, but simultaneously, somehow against the forces of nature, the fingertips were repelled more and more.

From the thin night rays from the bedroom window, I could see the outline of my bedroom, in shadows. Oh no. Dread dripped into my veins at what I saw as my hand was suspended there, time frozen, my body in concrete catalepsy, the black beast entering my skin, engulfing my being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment